Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 12... and a major revelation.

I'm down 2 measly ounces today. And I know why now :( My friend Ali- my HCG HERO- checked out my fitday.com food log to see what could be causing my issues and found that the program is calculating the calories of my chicken portions incorrectly. It figured 189 calories for 3.5 oz. of raw chicken when in fact, it is only 110 calories. So, everyday that chicken was one of my meals, my calorie count for the day was just barely over 400. Good way to send my body into starvation mode, preventing weight loss... I cannot believe that I was surviving on 400 calories a day. Anyway- hopefully this will help and I will see the scale start moving again. I'm 30 calories short again today due to the chicken issue, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

ON A GOOD NOTE- last night was the fire department Halloween Party. I dressed up as an old lady, and Dan dressed as an old man- I will post a picture here shortly. Although I was the only female there NOT showing an ounce of skin, I WON THE COSTUME CONTEST!!! YAY ME! Guess what I won? $25 in dutch bros. bucks. NOT YAY ME. Oh well, I guess I will have a lot of money to go spend on plain black coffee :)




You would not believe the amount of food available at this party. All of my favorite candies... and I couldn't have any of it. The final straw was when I sat down at the bunko table next to a little canister of gumdrops. I about cried. But, knowing that I had to get up the next morning and weigh myself, I toughed it out. I ate a total of 3 cucumber slices and a can of diet soda the whole night and I am SO very proud of myself! Trick Or Treating was quite easy tonight too. The boys came home, and Kasey kindly showed me a small bag of Swedish Fish that he received, and said "Hey look mom, your most favorite candy ever!" I politely thanked him for reminding me. I just went into the cupboard to get my tea supplies, and there was the tiny bag of Swedish Fish in the location where I keep all of "my" things. I asked him what he left them there for and he said "so you can eat them when you are done dieting!" Isn't that sweet??? Well, kind of anyway? He meant well. He tells me all the time that I don't need to be on a diet, and that makes me feel happy :)

Well, wish me luck - hoping the digital scale Gods will be kind to me in the morning! After all I even cut out Melba Toast today!


No comments:

Post a Comment